Coronavirus Disease 2019 (aka COVID-19) is a new disease that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person to person. This virus was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China in late 2019. NAHB is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and is committed to keeping members appropriately informed.
The CDBIA, FHBA and NAHB with external organizations have provided the following resources and guidelines regarding preparation for COVID-19 in the workplace and business travel. This list will be updated as more information becomes available.
Click on the button above to see what is going on with our members at this time.
Thank you for supporting your CDBIA family.
Please review pages 8-20 of the Executive Order to see what businesses are considered essential
Building Department Updates
Charlotte County Updates
- Charlotte County Community Development Updates
- Charlotte County suspension of building inspections in existing dwelling units
- Charlotte County Community Development Updates- Building Department closed to the public
- Charlotte County Community Development Update 03.27.2020: Updates & Virtual Inspections
Punta Gorda Updates
- Punta Gorda Building Official Update
- Punta Gorda Building Official Update re: inspections on existing dwellings
- PG Building Department Update 03.25.2020
DeSoto County Updates
- DeSoto County Building Department response to COVID-19
- Other Areas Building Department Updates
- North Port Building Department Update
Important links for your projects:
- Updates from the Charlotte County Clerk of Courts & Comptroller
- Updates from Charlotte County Public Works- update on commercial recycling/waste
- Updates from Charlotte County Utilities- East Port Septage station is running normal schedule
- How to have documents notarized during the pandemic
- Jobsite Safety
CARES Act Loan information
- From the National Association of Home Builders Webinar
- SBA Loan Thank you, James Coalwell (Centennial Bank) for sharing the following information
- SBA Guidance
- Payroll Protection Program overview
- US Chamber SBA Guide
- NFIB Financial Resources & Updates for Small Businesses
- If you have any additional questions, please contact your bank.
- If you still need additional help, please call James Coalwell (Centennial Bank) at 941-347-3326
- Charlotte County Property Tax Payment Due Date Extended
- OSHA: COVID-19
- SBA: COVID-19 Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources
- CDC: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease
- WHO: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- IRS: Coronavirus Tax Relief
- HR RESOURCES
- Fisher Phillips has put together a task force of attorneys across the country to address employment-related issues facing employers. This information has been shared the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
- Comprehensive FAQ for Employers on the COVID-19 Coronavirus (including Healthcare/HIPPA Issues, Remote work, and more)
- Florida Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Useful Links
- US Small Business Administration COVID-19 Guidance & Loan Resources
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Short Time Compensation Program for Employers
- The Short Time Compensation program helps employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work sharing as an alternative to layoff. The program permits prorated reemployment assistance benefits to employees whose work hours and earnings are reduced as part of a Short Time Compensation plan to avoid total layoff of some employees.
- Business Damage Assessments Survey
- Additionally, we activated the Business Damage Assessment Survey at FloridaDisaster.biz. This survey is a critical piece of our efforts to help businesses throughout the state lessen the impacts the mitigation efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 will have on their bottom line. Please encourage any of the business owners impacted by COVID-19 to fill out the survey.
- Florida Price Gouging Hotline (866)966-7226
- COIVD-19 Call Center available 24/7 (866)779-6121 or email COIVDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Florida Governor DeSantis Executive Orders https://www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders/
- Florida Division of Emergency Management https://floridadisaster.org/covid19/
- Florida Department of Health COIVD Webpage https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
- Florida Department of Health http://www.floridahealth.gov/
Important information for you and your business:
- Personal financial assistance for people affected by layoffs during this time
- Charlotte County 211
- Protect your jobsites from theft
- Florida Weekly Business page- FREE PROMOTION OF YOUR BUSINESS
- Sun Media Group Stimulus $2.5M Advertising Program
- CISC COVID-19 Exposure Prevention Preparedness and Response Plan
- COVID-19 Pledge to stop the Spread of COVID-19 on Construction Sites
As we work together to navigate these unprecedented times, the Florida Home Builders Association is here to ensure that our FHBA family is safe, healthy, and up-to-date on news from federal and state officials.
To help with this, FHBA has developed a COVID-19 Resource Toolkit for our members to provide easy access to up-to-date health information, updates from the US Small Business Administration, information from Florida’s lawmakers and updates from NAHB concerning everything from federal lobbying efforts to economic projections.
We wish you the best while navigating these uncharted waters and are with you every step of the way.
Yours in Service,
How FHBA has been working to help the construction industry during this pandemic:
- Earlier in the week, FHBA staff spoke directly with the administration seeking the administration’s intentions with respect to closing Building Departments. We received word he had no plans to close those departments, that was a local responsibility;
- In addition to several phone conversations, similar letters to above have been shared with the League of Cities and Association of Counties as they work with their members;
- We are in the midst of working to clarify that his original emergency order invoked an automatic extension permits for 6 months after the emergency lifts;
- We have been working with another group and the Governor’s office to clarify permit extensions and to establish best practices for permitting and inspections during these times, helping convince locals to keep these services open;
- Working with the title folks and realtors trying to establish real-estate transactions and title services as “Essential.”
NAHB has been closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We understand this unprecedented situation can present challenges to members of the association and our local and state associations.
To help us most effectively advocate for the housing industry during this challenging time, NAHB would like to learn how COVID-19 may be impacting members. Please encourage your members to take a brief (confidential) survey on nahb.org. NAHB is dedicated to mitigating the effects of COVID-19 on the residential construction sector.