Thefts on jobsites
Unfortunately theft always seems to become more common, especially in times of disaster
The Sheriff’s Office wants to make sure you are preventing your jobsites by locking up the homes.
CCSO is committed to preventing theft at job sites and does pass by many homes under construction looking for any suspicious activity.
CCSO has also asked from our builders:
- Make sure you have the construction site signs with FSS 810.092(2)(d)
- These signs are available to members at no cost.
- Stop by the CDBIA office to get your signs
- By posting these signs on job sites, CCSO has the ability to arrest a burglar from the job site with a felony.
- Report any theft immediately. CCSO will stay active patrolling areas where there is theft occurring. If they know where the areas are, they will do everything they can to help prevent future thefts.
- Lock up equipment. Theft will be more likely if tools and equipment is left out.
If you have any knowledge of additional information that could assist the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, please call 941-639-2101 or if it is an emergency, dial 911.